"I will spend most of my life and eternity knowing my children as adults,
but for a few short years I have the privilege of knowing them as children."
- Hilary Weeks

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The First Day of School

It's already that time of year again. The summer flew by and now the kids are back in school. Since the bus has a track record of not showing up on the first day of school, I drove the kids over there myself. Besides, I also wanted to get some pictures of the big day. Kyle is starting 4th Grade and was super excited that school was starting again. But Hayden, who is now in 2nd Grade, was dreading it as you can see from the pictures. Actually he was mad at me because I put his backpack in his classroom instead of outside like all the other kids were doing. But in my defense, his backpack weighed a ton and I was just trying to be helpful. Sheesh! :-) He cheered up a little bit later and I got a better picture of him. And then it was time to line up and he started to get nervous, so I started to get nervous. Then he started to get teary-eyed, but I was brave and didn't start to cry until he left for his classroom. I cried all the way to the car. I'm sure they're both doing just fine. They both have good teachers this year from what I can tell. We'll be on our way to pick them up from the bus stop in no time!

2 comments:

Diana Dye said...

4th grade? Holy moly. I can't even look at back to school ads...it brings back so much anxiety and I've got 3 more years until Sarah starts school.

I'm going to be like you and cry on the way back to the car, then all the way home, then all day long. And I love Hayden's shirt.

JenW said...

i hope they had a great day and are loving it!!!