"I will spend most of my life and eternity knowing my children as adults,
but for a few short years I have the privilege of knowing them as children."
- Hilary Weeks

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Jared's 5th Birthday

Our sweet, lovable, (at times exasperating), smarty-pants Jared turned 5 last week! We celebrated by our usual doughnut run (FYI: they only give you one free doughnut on your birthday now, the cheapskates! Ha ha ha.)Then we came home and opened presents. Jared really wanted to have a treasure hunt so Kyle and I made up clues that had him hunting all over the house (inside and out) for his gifts. Here he is racing back with the one he found in the bathtub.He received, among other things, three new Pez dispensers to add to our collection. "Thanks Grandma Syme!" This is his happy face, by the way.The next day we went to Deedum and Papa's house for more celebrating. He asked for a Lego cake and this is the awesomeness that Darlene created.
There are 480 Lego "dots" on this cake (not counting the car on top) all individually "glued" on by hand. I love the way the Lego logo turned out.And about 60 seconds after Jared blew out the candles...The cake looked like this:And their tongues looked like this:And since there has been a complete lack of baby pictures, here's a cute (although grainy) one of Nathan I'll throw in at the end.Happy 5th Birthday Jared!

1 comment:

Diana Dye said...

Happy birthday Jared! I love that cake.