"I will spend most of my life and eternity knowing my children as adults,
but for a few short years I have the privilege of knowing them as children."
- Hilary Weeks

Monday, July 30, 2012

Construction Time Again

We started another major construction project this summer. We hired a couple of guys to turn our massive bedroom back into two bedrooms, as it was originally. A previous owner had taken out the wall between the two rooms, put in stairs to an attic space and moved the laundry room into this room from the garage. We moved the laundry room to the back of the house a few years ago, and that space was going to become a walk-in closet for one of the rooms. The other room had to have a new closet framed in and both rooms needed the popcorn ceiling removed. It was a major project and I ended up taking the kids up to Utah for most of it so we wouldn't be in the way. They weren't enjoying bunking altogether in one room anyway. Here are the in-progress pictures. Unfortunately I was so happy to have it finished when we got back that I forgot to take any "after" pictures before we moved everything back into the rooms. It's so nice having new closets, new paint, new doors, and new carpet.



No comments: