"I will spend most of my life and eternity knowing my children as adults,
but for a few short years I have the privilege of knowing them as children."
- Hilary Weeks

Sunday, February 17, 2013

2 Weeks Old

Our little Madeline is now 2 weeks old. 
Here's what we've learned so far: 

*She's a great sleeper. She only wakes up once a night to be fed. Unfortunately I'm up every 2 hours in a coughing fit, so her sleeping habits aren't doing me any good. 

*She can sleep through loud noises, like my obnoxious coughing fits. 

*She is double crowned, just like Jared. I don't know if it will be easier or worse with girl hair. 

*She doesn't cry every often, but when she does it sounds like a dying cat. A really loud, dying cat.

* She hates her car seat. She screams non stop from the moment she is buckled in until she is finally let out. Nothing like driving a dying cat around town.

* Nathan is getting more used to her. We've gotten him to stop hitting her, now he just likes to hug her face. She doesn't like that very much.

* Her belly button cord stump finally fell off so she had her first bath today. I got the baby tub ready in the bathroom and while I was getting her undressed Nathan decided to help by stirring her bathwater with the toilet cleaning brush. So I put her on my bed while I disinfected and filled her tub again and of course she peed on my bed. And she hated being in the water. I think all my kids cried during their first bath, but she was fighting to get out. I'm glad baby baths don't take very long.

2 comments:

April said...

Oh she is precious! Happy new baby!!!

JenW said...

She is so cute! And I totally hear you on the hating the carseat...us too! Hope it lessens for the both of us soon! And I hope you feel better soon!!