"I will spend most of my life and eternity knowing my children as adults,
but for a few short years I have the privilege of knowing them as children."
- Hilary Weeks

Friday, November 7, 2008

Election Day

I can't believe I forgot to post about this. On Monday Kyle's first grade class held mock presidential elections. I'm not sure what the exact process was, or how much discussion the class had about the candidates, but after school Kyle told me he got to vote for the new president.

"Who did you vote for?"

"I can't remember what his name was."

"Was it McCain?"

"No, that's not it. The other guy."

"Obama?"

"Yeah, that's the one!"

I tried to keep my composure while I asked nicely, "Why did you vote for him?"

"He has a cool name...And I liked his big chin."

I couldn't stop myself from giggling at that.

"Well, that makes about as much sense as anyone else's reasons for voting for him."

No comments: