"I will spend most of my life and eternity knowing my children as adults,
but for a few short years I have the privilege of knowing them as children."
- Hilary Weeks

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Haboob!

Here are some photos of what rolled through town last night. The guys on the news were saying it was the biggest haboob they've seen in many years. The winds were reported at up to 69 mph! Crazy! I didn't take any of these photos, by the way. By the time I realized what was going on I couldn't even see the houses across the street. Clint was just about to start a softball game when it rolled over the field. He caught it on video with his cell phone and I'll try to upload that later. Watching out the window it seems very much like when a blizzard rolls through and you can't see anything. Except instead of snow, it's just a bunch of dust. Kyle and I ran out to the back yard to pull in the patio furniture closer to the house and came back in with dust in our eyes and teeth. Blech!
In other news...HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAYDEN! I'll be back later with photos and fun from today.

No comments: