"I will spend most of my life and eternity knowing my children as adults,
but for a few short years I have the privilege of knowing them as children."
- Hilary Weeks

Friday, October 21, 2011

It's Been One Week!

It's been one week now since Nathan was born and it's already hard to remember what life was like before he was here. He's a sweet baby who sleeps about 90% of the time. When he is awake, he's usually calm and just looks around taking everything in. Although he does have some powerful lungs and can scream pretty loud when he wants to. The other kids have to cover their ears it gets so loud. So to keep that from happening they will warn me if he starts to cry. "Mom, the baby's crying." "Mom, the baby is about to cry." "Mom, the baby's awake. Go get him before he cries."

His belly button cord fell off already and he had his first bath on Wednesday. As you can see, he didn't enjoy it very much. Allison loves her "Baby Nafun" (which is how she says his name, when she isn't calling him "Baby Henry.") Any time he opens his eyes and looks in her general direction she gets so happy and says, "Oh, he wuvs me!" All of the kids love to help out and take turns holding him, although they're ready to give him back after about 5 seconds.

I'm feeling great overall. I have just a little bit of lower back pain from the epidural. But I've lost 20 pounds in the past week - Wahoo! Too bad the next 20 won't come off that easily. (Or the 20 after that. *sigh*)

I'll try to get some more pictures posted, which means I'll have to actually take some more pictures, but come on - he's a 5th baby. What did you expect? Just kidding. .

2 comments:

Diana Dye said...

He's so cute. I just showed Sarah his picture and she said, "It's Henry!" all excited like. I told her it is Nathan and she said, "Allison's baby?"

JenW said...

he is so cute! i loved seeing you at the park the other day...i am with ya on the next 20 lbs and the next 20 after that...seriously! i better get myself working!