"I will spend most of my life and eternity knowing my children as adults,
but for a few short years I have the privilege of knowing them as children."
- Hilary Weeks

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Year In Review

Answering these questions each year is a great way to keep track of your life a year at a time.

What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before? Gave birth to a baby girl (surprisingly enough, it's not much different than giving birth to a baby boy).

Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't think I made any except for the "want to be skinnier" wishful thinking. Probably won't make any resolutions this year either.

Did anyone close to you give birth? Oh my, yes! Julie had a girl, Diana had a girl, Amy had a girl, Cynthia P. had a boy, Patti had a girl, Allison had a girl, Whitney had a boy, Ilenia had a boy, Cindy had a girl, shoot - who am I missing?

Did anyone close to you die? Clint's three remaining grandparents all died this year within 5 months of each other.

What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? More patience. More energy. More fun.

What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? December 5, 2008 - the day Allison was born.

What was your biggest achievement of the year? Surviving.

What was your biggest failure? Letting my temper get the better of me more times than I care to admit.

What was the best thing you bought? Um...we finally bought an MP3 player.

Whose behavior merited celebration? Hayden's behavior improved dramatically when we removed artificial color from his diet. That was definitely worth celebrating.

Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Hayden's, before altering his diet. He was having multiple tantrums and meltdowns every day that would leave us both in tears.

Where did most of your money go? Just the day to day stuff - nothing big.

What did you get really, really, really excited about? All the new baby girls in our family.

What song will always remind you of 2008? *Twinkle, twinkle, hippopotamus. How I love your big, gray bottomus.* Oh, do you mean a song on the radio? I have no idea! I'm so out of touch with current music.

What do you wish you'd done more of? Go to the Temple.

What do you wish you'd done less of? Being frustrated with the kids.

How did you spend Christmas? At home with my family. We learned pretty quickly that it's too much hassle to travel for Christmas.

What was your favorite TV program? We discovered The Office this year and watched all the previous seasons before the current season started. Hilarious!

What was the best book you read this year? To Kill A Mockingbird.

What did you want and get? A swing set for the backyard.

What was your favorite film of this year? I don't think I saw a single movie in the theater. That's right, I'm the only female in this country who has yet to see Twilight!

What did you do on your birthday? Is it bad that I can't remember and it was only last month?

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Stretchy pants and tent shirts - otherwise known as maternity clothes.

What kept you sane? Getting together with my friends at Book Club once a month.

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I don't get too excited about celebrities.

Who did you miss? Everyone who doesn't live in my vicinity.

Who was the best new person you met? My new sister-in-law, Courtney.

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008? That time is going by way too quickly and I need to do a better job of living in the moment.

I am excited for a great 2009!

Feel free to tag yourself and answer these questions if you feel so inclined.

2 comments:

The Snow Maiden: said...

Psst...Meredith, I haven't seen Twilight either...I haven't even read the books...
I enjoyed reading your list though! Loved your favorite song! Haha! That a Hayden original? :)

Meredith said...

Oh, I've read all the books. Some of them more than once. But I'm just not that crazy about the actors they picked for the main characters and haven't been all that excited to see it. I'm sure I'll see it eventually.

And the hippopotamus song is from Word World. But it sounds like something Hayden would make up, doesn't it?