"I will spend most of my life and eternity knowing my children as adults,
but for a few short years I have the privilege of knowing them as children."
- Hilary Weeks
Monday, August 10, 2009
The First Day of School
This morning I dropped Kyle and Hayden off for their first day of school. Kyle is now in the 2nd grade and Hayden is in kindergarten. Kyle was mad at me because he wanted to ride the bus and then just as he was about to run to the playground the bell rang. So he wouldn't even say goodbye to me. He just sulked off to get in line with his class. And we forgot Hayden's sunshine nametag that he was supposed to wear this morning. So he was worried his teacher wouldn't know who he was. But he was being surprisingly good until it was time to follow his teacher into the classroom. Then he got scared and started crying, which made me want to start crying, but I was brave and waited until he got into his classroom. Then I cried all the way back to the car. Oh, and when I got home I found out that the bus never showed up this morning, so Kyle wouldn't have been able to ride it anyway. I love the first day of school.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Tell Hayden if he gets scared, he can just pack Allison and Jared in his huge backpack
Congrats on the big first day!
Post a Comment