"I will spend most of my life and eternity knowing my children as adults,
but for a few short years I have the privilege of knowing them as children."
- Hilary Weeks

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Lost in Austen

Alright all you fans of Jane Austen, Pride & Prejudice, Mr. Darcy, (I prefer Captain Wentworth myself) and Elizabeth Bennett... you have got to watch this movie:
"A thoroughly modern heroine threatens to ruin one of the world's greatest literary loves stories. Bored bank worker Amanda Price literally becomes lost in her favorite Austen book after she finds a strange portal in her bathroom and swaps places with its heroine, Elizabeth Bennett. Once she gets entangled in the affairs of the Bennett family and the dashing Mr. Darcy, how can she keep this celebrated romance on track?"

One of my favorite lines: "Badly done Bingley, badly done."

And you get to meet Mr. Collins' brothers. Woot-woo!

There were two "questionable" parts, but they were short so I overlooked them. This was originally a British miniseries, so the movie is 3 hours long, but it didn't feel that long while watching it. A very fun romantic comedy. If anyone's up for a movie night, I wouldn't mind watching it again.

No comments: