"I will spend most of my life and eternity knowing my children as adults,
but for a few short years I have the privilege of knowing them as children."
- Hilary Weeks

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I Should Have Known...

I should have known when I dumped Allison's baby rice on the kitchen floor, spilled laundry detergent on the washer, and Jared knocked his cereal off the table that it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. And boy it was! It rained at the bus stop, Jared spilled his fishy crackers on the floor, I gouged my pinkie and had a metal shard hit me *that close* to my eye while removing Kyle's old bedroom door, and then while having fun ripping out our ugly fireplace, Jared got his foot sliced open by a tile that slipped out of the wheelbarrow. It was gushing blood pretty good, but it stopped rather quickly after we applied pressure. So we put a big band-aid on it and laid him down and all seemed okay at that point. But when he got up and walked around, it started bleeding heavily again. So off to urgent care we went. Four hours and 10 stitches later we finally came home. Turns out he severed the main artery in his foot. And he wasn't at all cooperative with the doctors and nurses - he had a conniption fit as they we just trying to clean the wound. So when it came time to do the sutures, they had to strap him down to a papoose board. He didn't like that one bit and cried so hard for so long he finally fell asleep just as they were finishing. And to top off our day, Kyle dropped a jar of applesauce on the kitchen floor right after we got home, so I got to clean up all the goop and glass. Luckily no one got hurt with that one. I'm so ready for this day to be over.

4 comments:

April said...

Oh what a day! Hope today is better!

Anonymous said...

Meredith!!! What a day!!! I hope today is much less adventursome.

Steph said...

No repeats of THAT day please! I hope little Jared is feeling better! And you with your pinky and eye! Hugs to you!

Diana Dye said...

Poor little Jared. Hope today is going better.