"I will spend most of my life and eternity knowing my children as adults,
but for a few short years I have the privilege of knowing them as children."
- Hilary Weeks

Friday, September 3, 2010

First Day of School

And apparently I neglected to post the First Day of School pictures too. Bad mommy!

Our first day of school was waaaaayyy back on August 11. I did take some pictures, but not very many. Here's Hayden ready to go to his first day of 1st Grade.I couldn't get Kyle to pose by the front door. He was too excited to begin 3rd Grade and had already jumped in the van so this was as good as I could get. Can't you just feel the excitement oozing from his expression?Once we got to the school I was able to get a photo with him and his new teacher, Mrs. Trejo.Hayden's teacher was nowhere to be found, so we settled for a picture next to her line-up sign. He's thinking, "Could you hurry up Mom? I want to go play on the playground!"I didn't cry this year, surprisingly. I usually do just fine until my kids start getting teary-eyed when it's time for me to leave. But they both seemed okay that morning, Hayden was just a little nervous because none of his friends were in his class this year. The "first day excitement" quickly wore off to the "everyday drudgery" and we are now fighting the daily homework battle and they are counting down the weeks until summertime.

1 comment:

Diana Dye said...

I can hear 18-year-old Hayden now as he looks at that picture, "I loved my Transformers t-shirt. Hey mom, what happened to that shirt?"

I'm still having a hard time with nursery so I don't even want to think about school for Sarah.