"I will spend most of my life and eternity knowing my children as adults,
but for a few short years I have the privilege of knowing them as children."
- Hilary Weeks

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Happy 7th Birthday Kyle!

Kyle is such a sweetheart. He's so smart and fun and hard working. And being the oldest, he gets a lot more responsibility dumped on him than he probably deserves, but he's been such a big helper since Allison was born. He's starting 2nd grade next Monday and I think he likes school more than he admits. He's always up for playing a game, whether it's a board game, card game, or video game. And he can watch Star Wars or Harry Potter movies over and over and over again.

He invited a few friends over last Saturday for a party. They had fun on the slip 'n slide and got in a water fight with Clint.Today we went to Krispy Kreme in the morning to get his free birthday doughnuts. In the afternoon I took the boys swimming. And for dinner we went to Red Robin Hood (as Jared calls it).Then it was time for cake and ice cream at Deedum and Papa's house. This year Kyle wanted a Jango Fett cake (Star Wars character) but since red is his favorite color, he asked Darlene to make it red instead of white. It turned out awesome!Happy Birthday Kyle!! We sure love you!

2 comments:

Steph said...

Happy Happy Birthday Kyle! I can't believe how time flies! My Sabryna is going to be 11 on the 13th! Crazy!

Diana Dye said...

I have to agree, Kyle is the sweetest. And holy cow! Darlene is an artist!