"I will spend most of my life and eternity knowing my children as adults,
but for a few short years I have the privilege of knowing them as children."
- Hilary Weeks

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Kyle's 8th Birthday

I can't believe I forgot to post pictures from Kyle's Birthday.He had a "Detective Party" and we sent out invitations to his friends that had to be decoded (the writing was reversed so they had to hold it up to a mirror to read it.) When they arrived at the "Kyle and Friends Detective Agency" they were given their official detective badges and we started on the games. First they played "Who Am I?" where they had to guess the name of the person who was taped to their back using just yes or no questions. After that we discovered that the treat bags were missing, so the boys had to solve {cue Perry Mason theme song} "The Case of the Missing Treat Bags." The clues were found in and around the house and some had to be decoded (luckily the thief left the code breaker behind) or enlarged with their magnifying glass, or held up to the mirror, or a riddle had to be solved. But it was no problem for these gumshoes. They cracked the case with plenty of time to spare for cupcakes and ice cream.And there were a few minutes at the end for Kyle to play video games with his friends.On Sunday we got together with Clint's family to celebrate some more and to eat the Bugs Bunny cake that Darlene had made.I hope he had a fun birthday and that he thinks its great to be eight! We love you Kyle!!

1 comment:

Diana Dye said...

I was wondering when you were going to post this.

What a creative party theme. Probably too old for Sarah and her toddler friends, huh? He's such a cutie with his missing teeth.