Here are the top ten things we did in February that I ,uh, forgot to take pictures of:
10. Clint and I took Kyle to see the broadway musical Mary Poppins that was in town last month. Although they had a hard time staying awake (they both go to sleep so early) we all really enjoyed it. Most of the songs are the same, but the storyline is different from the movie. Our favorite part was when Bert danced on the ceiling.
9. Hayden's kindergarten teacher is back after taking an extended Christmas break for her last cancer treatement. We are so excited to have her back and that she is doing well. The class met her at the park for a picnic the week before she returned and Hayden ran up to her and gave her a hug. If you know Hayden at all, you'll know that is HUGE for him and shows just how much he loves his teacher.
8. We finished building our raised bed garden boxes so that we can plant our garden this week. They look pretty good if I do say so myself. Never mind the fact that we spent more on those boxes than we have on vegetables our entire married life. :-)
7. Kyle performed in the 2nd Grade production of "My Country." This one I did try to take pictures of, but he was too far away and the pictures were dark and blurry. But he did a great job. His favorite song from the show was "Yankee Doodle."
6. We counted up all the change we've been saving for the past three years in our Disneyland fund. It took quite awhile to put it all into paper rollers. I'll just tell you that altogether it weighs 15 1/2 pounds. That's a lotta coins! Disneyland here we come!
5. Favorite Jared quote: "Mom, if you go to jail then I won't have a mom anymore."
4. Clint celebrated his 32nd birthday at the beginning of the month. His mom bravely had all the kids sleep over at her house and we had a fun date night and then were able to help some friends move the next morning.
3. We all had a great Valentine's day! Kyle and Hayden did a great job decorating their boxes to take to school and Jared had to get in on the action and made valentine's to give to his friends at the park. And I woke up to a few fun surprises too.
2. Allison is finally getting some hair. Not so much on the top, but the back is getting longer and it curls into cute little ringlets. She still doesn't like having bows or barrets in her hair though. Clint is still trying to convince me to get her ears pierced so she'll look more girly.
1. New living room furniture! Now that the living room remodel is mostly finished (we still need to replace the flooring) we splurged and bought a new couch and ottoman. And contrary to what Clint believes, I really do like it. Now, if we could just get the kids to stop jumping on it...
I'll try to get the camera out more often and get some new pictures posted this month.
Happy March Everyone!
2 comments:
Sounds like a happy February to me!! Love you!
I want a Hayden hug! They are pretty valuable.
And Rachel showed me your couch. I liked it moi mucho.
Post a Comment